Monday, November 24, 2008

The first of the Christmas presents

I've been furiously knitting away on a number of Christmas gifts, justifying it to the Knit Widower in the name of thriftiness, but secretly to get in as much legit knitting as possible. The KW has tried to institute a new household rule. The only successful one we have ever had is a recent one - whoever finds the dirty nappy changes the dirty nappy. The proposed new rule - 50%. That's right, the KW is demanding that he get exactly the same amount of time spent on him as knitting. Hah! Am currently pioneering cuddling while knitting, which with dpns is a dangerous game.

Anyway, here are a couple of snaps of Christmas gifts hot off the needles. Recipients will only be named when there is no chance they may use the internet.

First up - Aunty Norma's Elm Row in Sundara Silky Fingering Merino Winter Skies. Lovely, lovely, lovely.


Knit concurrently with another Shetland Triangle. I love this pattern. I added an extra repeat, but after blocking it I think I really could have easily added another. Still I wanted the triangle to be small enough for a light summer shawl and then be able to bundled up to use as a scarf in winter. The triangle is another Sundara SFM, this time in crimson.


More Christmas presents to follow....

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

Both lovely - lucky recipients!!

Does talking to KW while knitting count as spending time on him? I say yes! And you get double points if you are knitting something for him while also talking to him!

Bells said...

Ooh you're doing very well. Putting my 'quick knits as gifts' to shame!

Charisse said...

They're both gorgeous, I particularly love the Elm Row. Can't wait for my fingering silky to arrive.
I'm also thinking of giving handmade gifts this year, but fear I have left it a tad too late!

Madge said...

Oooh, shiny lace! Pretty, pretty.

Men. They're so demanding.