Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Socks and ponies

As it happens, there is a link for me between socks and ponies. I'm in the final stages of writing my Hons thesis on the origins of horseback riding, and its weighing in at about 46 000 words. A beloved colleague offered to edit it for me, and for payment we settled on socks of her choice.

She decided on Waving Lace socks from Favourite Socks. She has nearly finished the last chapter, and I'm about one third through one the foot. Heres a shot of my progress modelled on the only appropriately circumferenced object to hand, a bottle of Stolly.



I know this site has been short on pony content to date, so if you've ever wondered what the difference is between a zorse, a zonkey and a zony, wonder no more.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking excellent. However entry needs correcting: delete "the" in the phrase "one third through one the foot" - love from your thesis editor