Tuesday, July 8, 2008

And the winner is.....

While I used a scientifically validated method to decide the winner (ie drew a name out of those who called it for Lloyd), I'd like to specially mention Charisse for her judge-inducing comments that Lloyd is adorable, and Lara for her words of wisdom that babies grow while screaming, while socks tend not to grow while babies scream

Anyhoo - heres the proof of who is longer, Lloyd or the sock:


And the winner is Lara! Email me Lara and let me know which skein you'd like. The runner up (drawn from everyone who commented) is Chris. Drop me an email Chris and I'll send you the remaining skein.

It was a close run thing there for a while - until Lloyd stretched out his long, long legs. Personally I would have bet on the sock, but now I know where all the energy gained from feeding every 2 - 3 hours is going. He reminds me a bit of Inspector Gadget with his 'go go Gadget legs'!

The socks are almost done - proving a number of things to me. Its still a joy to make socks, they should not be so entirely absent from my wips and theres time to squeeze knitting in around the edges of the round the clock feeding cycle. Now to find some knitting patterns for little boys. Anyone have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Darn it, I knew I should have guess Lloyd - oh well! Great picture though!

Unknown said...

Thank you thank you thank you!

As for knitting patterns for little boys, I swear by "Christine's Baby Booties". They are quick to knit, simple, but not too boring, and THEY STAY ON SOCK REPELLENT FEET!

(sorry for shouting, but I really am excited)

http://www.fuzzygalore.biz/patterns/cbbooties.shtml

I was given a few pairs in 4 ply cotton, and now he is a little bigger I am knitting then on 4mm needles with 8ply wool. They are a little big, but they look great with his purple flared corduroy pants :)

And if you have a lot of sock yarn, there is a gorgeous cardi pattern on knitty. Donna knit one for Inigo, and now that he has grown into it, it's fantastic.

Madge said...

Lloyd rocks that skully shirt hard. And has he doubled in size since he was born? He looks so big and happy - yay!

Sorry, I haven't been reading blogs much for the past two weeks, and I'm just catching up with you now. Sooo glad you're settling into your new life and managing to find time for knitting, too.

Wow, that's a big sock. Does DB have big, um, hands, too?