Sunday, June 29, 2008

Return to first principles, and a competition!

Its been a long time since this blog has seen any sock action. Because I dont have the attention span for anything more complicated than some rib, and because its been a long time between socks for the Squeeze, I've been mindlessly ribbing and enjoying the simplicity of the sock. Just to make things even more colourful, I've been striping the Sour Apple with Noro sock yarn. This is in part because the Squeeze has huge feet, and also because the Noro is hand wash only, which wont be happening, so its an attempt to avoid wholesale felting. It certainly is bright.


To celebrate Lloyd's first month, and a return to sock knitting, I've decided to give a choice of a skein of Sundara sock yarn (colourways below) to the person who can guess which is the longest - Lloyd or the Squeeze's sock. Just include a guess at the length of each in a comment on this post. To give you all a hint, Lloyd was 56cm at his last measurement a week ago, and the sock includes a generous mid ankle cuff and a big foot.


The Sundara sock yarns are Candied Chrome...


... and Charcoal over Emerald. The winner will be posted on Tues 8 July. Am happy to post yarn overseas.

6 comments:

Rose Red said...

Erm, assuming the sock length is the finished sock, then I vote Sock for the longest! (fingers crossed...)

Donna (Random Knits) said...

I'm guessing Lloyd, but I'll bet it's close!

Bells said...

I'd say the sock is longer by about 3cm!

Charisse said...

I'm voting for Lloyd because he's adorable!! (although your socks are looking great too)
:)

Unknown said...

This is a tough one, and they are both adorable. I'll guess the Lloyd by 2cm.

Unknown said...

I'm guessing baby - babies can grow while they scream, socks tend not to grow while babies scream :)

Though of course, Lloyd might not be a screamer ;)