Thursday, March 20, 2008

Equ and Evangeline

Australia's leading sock model, Equ, has recently relocated to the international city of love, Canberra. Because I miss her and she is a top model who hasnt experienced a Canberra winter (cold, by Australian standards. That means you can actually wear hand knits.)I thought I'd whip her up a small, but glamorous present.

Equ, meet Evangeline.

I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in what I'd call imperial purple, but is otherwise known as colour 330014. In terms of mods, I did six repeats of the cable to make a mid-forearm length glove rather than the almost elbow length.

Evangeline is a lovely, quick and gratifying knit!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bells said...

Gotta love the quick and gratifying knits that also look fabulous - love that Cashmerino Aran too. Great choice.

And one of the reasons I will stay in Canberra is for the winters. Love 'em.

Rose Red said...

Imperial Purple - love it! Think I used this colour for some Log Cabin socks - these are fantastic!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just me, Lynn893 said...

I love the color you chose for these. They are beautiful!

Madge said...

Very glam indeed! Great color, too.

Celeritas said...

Would it be possible for me to use your picture of evangeline on my blog along with a link to your post and adding your blog to my blog roll, as an example of something I would love to knit when I get good enough?