Monday, May 12, 2008

What's in a name?

We've been getting quite a few questions about what the Wriggler's name is going to be. The Wriggler will take the Squeeze's last name, which is Lowe. This has lead to the following suggestions: Mel, Hal, Will, Layla and a personal, thigh slapping favourite, Eamon* (thank you Uncle Tim). My favourite in the nominative determinism stakes is Digby, who will clearly become a world famous archaeologist. Then there are the Squeeze's suggestions. He is a huge Star Wars nerd, and so it keen should the Wriggler be a boy to name him Hanso. If the Wriggler is a girl, he is keen on a stand alone Star Wars name - Chewbecca. Hmmmm. Note to self - do not let him fill in any forms unsupervised.

*NB Eamon is good name, just not combined with Lowe.

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

The first name I thought of was Mani. Or Rob, if you want the wriggler to grow up to star in dodgy home movies and then be accused (twice) of propositioning the nanny. Hmmm, on second thoughts, perhaps not Rob.

Surely PrincessLeia if a girl? or Lite'n. Or Go. Or Lou. Or J.Lo. Or...ok, I'll stop now, I'm just getting silly...and I dare say you've heard them all before!!! (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Bells said...

RoseRed has offered some stirling suggestions there!

Digby is fabulous. Very clever. He could be an undertaker with a name like that, too.

I have no other offerings myself, except to take one of RR's suggestions a bit further.

Call her Jay. he he